Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Devarayana Durga Travellog


15th July 2006: Devarayana Durga


It was another Weekend coming up and we were just thinking of places where we could go. We wanted to go on a long drive away to a cool, beautiful place around Bangalore. We had two options either goto Nandi Hills or Devarayana Durga on bike. Raghu had already seen Nandi Hills so we decided that we will goto Devarayana Durga.The next day on 15th July, we went to Devarayana Durga on a long drive. We started as early as 7:00 A.M. from home on this Saturday Morning. It was awesome weather at in the morning. Not much traffic, pollution as with Highways on a regular day. Raghu was zooming his bike at the speed of 100 km/hr and fortunately not much traffic on the way. It is about 80-90 kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore-Tumkur express highway. The drive to that place is absolutely fantastic. I never heard of that place before and Raghu kept telling me that there is an ancient temple, a place called Namahchelume….etc.But once you get off the highway (just before the second flyover), you will have to really slow down.Because the road is just about drive worthy. Also besides there are a lot of villages so you really should watch out. But then again if you keep going down this road you will go to Madhugiri, which is afantastic place for rock climbing (sigh..... I wish we'd gone there). Anyway, you get a deviation to the left. That is again a beautiful road. So just keep going down that road & you have another deviation toyour right takes you straight to Devarayana Durga (DD). By 9:30 A.M. we were in DD.The Place is just beautiful and worth all the travel. There is Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple here. If you are the person who loves nature – Hills, rocks, trekking and a calm place. This is the place for you. To top it all the weather too was very pleasant it didn’t rain but was very cloudy. We spent some time climbing the rocks to reach the temple. The temple too is good on a hill top. We spent some time on site survey while riding the bike.The water to this place comes from a height of 100 feet. So it gives this whitish color…initially whenthe water coming from the tap shocked me as it was white in color but after somebody telling me that its due to the pressure I was relieved and I drank the water. The water appears whitish but once you take it in your hand then it loses that bubbles and becomes clear within seconds. One of the Beautiful places I ever visited.

3 comments:

Sparsha Learning Technologies said...

My friends and I keep visitng DD Hills I think its an awesome place.. It never failsto amaze me on how much fun it is go there..

Kalyan Chakravarthy said...

Swetha ,

Thank you so much for your fantastic narration of trip to GADWAL I'm quite impressed and touched by it. I hail from gadwal and currently living in US for a while. I have fondest memories of my school days in gadwal , today i wanted to google abt our home town (google) to see if there is any thing new hapeening there and i got hold of your blog , anyways thank you so much

Best Regards
Kalyan

Unknown said...

Hi There,

Nice and informative blog. Me and my hubbie are planning to visit Devarayana Durga on our kinetic. I was wondering if the hill roads were safe to ride as I will be riding in parts. Did you guys switch off the engine downhill? Need some tips.

Regards,

Kusum